Silver Meridian was created in 2001 by founders and owners Darlene Legree and Ron Martyn. The company has grown to become a leader in providing training and consulting services to the Ontario long term care field.
Darlene Legree RN GNC (C) Darlene has over 35 years of diverse experience in long term care, from direct care provider, registered nurse, to management and staff education positions. With additional education in Nursing Informatics, MDS and Adult Education, and receiving her Gerontology Certification from the CNA, Darlene provides training and consulting in clinical, documentation, leadership and organizational practices. Darlene sits on the executive of Gerontological Nursing Association of Ontario – Central East Chapter.
Ron Martyn (MSc) Ron Martyn combines over 30 years of managerial, recreation and training experience in the long term care field, with a Masters degree in gerontology. He has served as an administrator in long term care, recreationist in facility and community-based settings, and faculty member, program coordinator and department chairperson in the College system. Highly acclaimed as a dynamic presenter, Ron focuses on leadership development, team building, activity program enhancement and organizational effectiveness.
Silver Meridian Affiliates
Steve Mathew (B.Sc., EMCA, CHE) Steve is an international speaker and author with 20 years of experience training all ranges of healthcare professionals across Canada and parts of the U.S. in geriatric mental health and organizational dynamics. Steve is distinguished as a Certified Health Executive through the Canadian College of Health Leaders. He has held several leadership positions throughout his career most notably as Clinical Manager of Geriatric and Neuropsychiatry in a mental health hospital. Publishing credits include articles in trade journals, co-author of a book on gerontology and most recently authored the book The ACT of Change Management which appeared in the New York Times Sunday Book Review. Steve is also a certified Mental Health First Aid trainer and is actively involved in his local chapter of “Celebrate Recovery,” a faith-based program for individuals with mental health problems and addictions.
Franzis Henke BN, MN, RN(EC), CHPCN(C), CPMHN(C), Nurse Practitioner, Adult Class
Franzis Henke, BN, MN, RN(EC), CHPCN(C), CPMHN(C), Nurse Practitioner, Adult Class
Franzis has been providing education to healthcare providers, volunteers and patients and their families in the field of geriatrics, mental health and palliative care for 14 years, nationally, internationally in all sectors of healthcare including community, hospital and long term care. Franzis has worked in geriatrics as a Clinical Education Leader and Clinical Nurse Specialist, in psychiatry and mental health as a Psychiatric Nurse practitioner and in the community as a Nurse Practitioner working with persons at end of life. Franzis has expertise in the areas of geriatrics, geriatric and adult mental health, palliative care and clinical best practices in the community, hospital and in long term care.
Alexandra Banks, Ron Martyn, Darlene Legree, Tara Blois
Our Background and Expertise in Training Development
Principles in Adult Education and Learning
We have expertise in instructional design and curriculum development.
• Assessing an organization’s learning needs and determining achievable, measureable objectives
• Recognizing learner styles/preferences
• Topic/content selection and sequencing
• Instructional methods, strategies, materials and activities
• Planning and delivery of training
• Evaluation of learning and instruction
We use a variety of training modalities to ensure we meet the needs of the organization and the learner.
• Instructor-led training (face-to-face)
• Virtual instructor-led training (real-time webinars)
• Self-paced online eLearning (using a web-based learning management system for training modules/programs)
• In-house facilitated PPT training modules
• Mentor/coaching networks and forums
• Peer learning partnerships
• Practicum experiences
We offer training in learning formats that ensure positive results.
• Multi-day programs
• One-day seminars and workshops
• InService sessions (15 minutes to 2 hours)
• Blended/hybrid training approach (face-to-face learning integrated with online modules)
• Consultative teaching (case-based learning/problem solving)
We have extensive conference planning experience to ensure success.
• Organization of facilities, services, menu and catering
• Coordination: speakers, sessions, conference schedule
• Arrangements for media, AV equipment
• Registration process, delegate packages
• Marketing and promotion, exhibitor rentals
Professional high energy – high impact presentations specifically for specialized conferences and retreats; focal points relative to all our areas of expertise, including: Employee Commitment and Empowerment; Emerging Care Practices; Power of Positive Change; Transformational Leadership; Ethical Leadership; The Person-Centred Nurse.